The Holiday Season is the perfect time to cozy up to a Warmhearted Coffee Liqueur Cocktail with friends and family.
The holidays are a special time with and friends and family. And, what better way to relax with them than with a cocktail that could be compared to a warmed up White Russian Cocktail.
We’ve all heard of White and Black Russian Cocktails served on ice. I’ve always enjoyed the iced white version with its heavy cream and the other version, sans heavy cream. Well, this one is a little different. It’s actually a warmed-up version of the white variety and is especially delicious after a wonderful meal with family and friends on Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's fun to cozy up to on a cold winter night. One option is to make it just a little spicy by stirring the warm cocktail with a cinnamon stick.
Prep your containers:
Saucepan for boiling water on the stovetop or a bowl for bringing the the water to a boil in the microwave.
4 Mugs, glass or ceramic, able to withstand boiling water.
4 C Water, boiling hot
12 oz Coffee, hot and strong, espresso-like
4 oz Coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
4 oz Vodka (use a top brand)
4 oz Milk, whole or half-and-half or heavy whipping cream
4 Truffles, white or chocolate covered
4 Toothpicks, decorative wooden, plastic or metal
4 Cinnamon sticks (optional)
Make your Warmhearted Coffee Liqueur Cocktail:
- Spear each truffle with a pick. Set aside.
- Boil the water and split it between the 4 glass or ceramic coffee mugs.
- Let the water stand in the mugs for a few minutes to warm them up. Warming up the mugs will help keep the drinks warmer longer.
- Dump the hot water out of the mugs.
- Pour the hot coffee in the 4 mugs, splitting the amount evenly between them. To get it to more of an espresso flavor, I usually double up on the amount of coffee grounds I normally use to make coffee in my coffee press.
- Evenly split and pour the coffee liqueur and vodka into each mug.
- Slowly pour the milk or half and half over each drink, ¼ into each mug. Using heavy whipping cream lends a smooth, creamy sip in the cocktail.
- Stir each mug. Optional: If you like spicy chocolate, stir each mug with a cinnamon stick for a tiny hint of this holiday spice.
- Balance a truffle on the rim of each mug.
- Bask in the aroma of the cocktail before tipping the truffles into the hot cocktail.
- Clink your mugs to wonderful friends and family, and enjoy your melting truffle as you sip your Warmhearted Coffee Liqueur Cocktail.
Drink in moderation. Not recommended for children.
Bake your own Memories!