Combine Pecans, Pumpkin and Parmesan cheese for an easy to make and tasty bread!
There are so many pumpkin bread recipes out there. So, who would think that Parmesan cheese would be a tasty addition for a pumpkin bread batter? Well, it is! Plus, I added some of Cry Baby Craig's Cheesy Pow Pow to the batter to give it just a little zing. CBC's Cheesy Pow Pow is a grated white cheddar cheese with some of his special heat. It's not too hot and not too bland. If you want it hotter, just add more to the batter recipe below.
Top a slice of this pumpkin bread with plain cream cheese and some blueberry jam for a multitude of flavors and textures. If the bread's a little too spicy for you the cream cheese will help stimy that.
Prep 9"x 4" loaf pan for baking:
Lightly butter brush the pan on the bottom and all four sides.
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Collect the ingredients:
2 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 t Salt
1/2 t Baking powder
1/2 t Baking soda
1 t Apple spice or pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of Pepper, black
3 Eggs, large, fork beaten
1 C + 1 T Vegetable oil
3/4 C Pecans, rough chopped
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C Cry Baby Craig's Cheesy Pow Pow
1-2 T Parmesan cheese, grated
1 T Cry Baby Craig's Cheesy Pow Pow
1/4 C Pecans, rough chopped
Stir the batter together:
- Whisk the first seven dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and oil until well combined. Do not over stir.
- Add the pecans and two cheeses, stirring until combined. Do not over stir.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top.
- Sprinkle the topping items - the pecans and cheeses over the top.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 60-65 minutes.
- Use the clean toothpick method to test for doneness. After sticking the toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean, the bread is done baking. If not, bake for 5 more minutes and retest. In my oven, I ended up baking it 70 minutes and it came out with a very nice solid crumb inside and a crusty top.
- I enjoy this bread as a breakfast treat or in the afternoon with yogurt and coffee.
- Sprinkle a slice with more Cry Baby Craig's Cheesy Pow Pow for a little more heat. Produced in Faribault, Minnesota, you can find CBC's Cheesy Pow Pow grated cheese along with their hot sauces at major grocery stores and smaller foodie gift shops or online at www.crybabycraigs.com. Just ask for it.
- This Pecan Parm Pumpkin Bread is delicious with softened butter, which allows you to savor the bread itself.
- Try it with a pat of plain cream cheese with a dollop of blueberry jam on top.
- Or enjoy it with friends along with Almond Honey cream cheese is a delicious option.
Bake your own Memories!