This is an easy last minute treat for any party, spooky or more refined. Try it for a Halloween party of just to have around the house for an after school snack. It’s colorful, easy to make, enticing to eat. And, it’s a great way to put some of those extra trick or treating treats to good use.
If you’re looking for a quick house warming gift or to share at a party, it’s also easy to make in a gift giving tin. Just line it with parchment paper, assemble and tie the box with a pretty ribbon.
Prep your pan:
Line a tin gift box or pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper will let you easily lift the bark out of the gift box.
Gather up your Ingredients:
2 C Candy melts, chocolate
½ Candy melts, orange (optional)
Assortment of candys for topping (you choose your favorites), pretzels, Halloween M&Ms, chocolates, gummy pumpkins, malted milk balls, nuts, dried fruits, broken pieces of your favorite cookies, etc.
Assemble your Frightful Halloween Chocolate Bark:
- Unwrap and line up your assortment of candies. You only need a few of each. Pick and choose the types of candies you like, choosing an assortment of colors and shapes and textures.
- Melt the candy melts in two separate heat safe bowls in the microwave according to the directions on the package.
- Pour the chocolate candy melts into the pan (or gift tin) and quickly smooth out with an offset spatula.
- If you’re spreading the candy melts in the gift tin, leave some space around all edges so it’s easy to lift out.
- Quickly drizzle the orange candy melts on top and swirl around to create a pretty pattern.
- Working quickly, drop the assortment of candies on top of the melted base, placing them in a colorful arrangement. Press each piece lightly into the melted candy melts.
- Let the bark arrangement set. If you’re in a hurry, chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so until it’s set.
- Break up the bark in chunks for serving.
Storing is easy!
Store the bark in a covered container such as a tin in a cool place.
This is probably one of the easiest treats to make for any party, snacking or as a gift. Try different types of candies and different colored candy melts for variety. It’s something that’s easy for the kids to help with, too. Whatever special event you make it for, “Bake your own Memories!”