Roasted Bacon Asparagus Wraps - Quick steps make this one of the easiest asparagus recipes with lots of flavor to make as a side dish!
Assemble these Bacon Asparagus Wraps in a matter of just a few minutes. Then set them in the 400F degree oven and let them roast. It’s as easy as that!
Don’t let the bacon fool you. These are tasty, not that many calories and lots of flavor! Wrap 5 asparagus spears with one slice of bacon. Then wrap another 5 spears with another slice of bacon. Repeat until you have one Bacon Asparagus Wrap for each person. There’s no need to salt them – the bacon does that for you. Add other herbs or spices as you see fit. I like to sprinkle with a no-sodium mixture of Italian herbs which I purchase at my favorite grocery store. You can find all kinds of herb or spice mixtures. When you settle on one that’s fav, use it.
Let the Bacon Asparagus Wraps roast in a 400F degree oven for 20 minutes, turn them over once and roast for another 10 minutes. Check them to make sure the bacon is getting to the crispiness you like best. I roast them for a total of 40 minutes and they are just right for us. Serve with any dressing you like such as Ranch or a spicy barbeque sauce. That’s up to you, what your taste buds desire.
This recipe serves 4.
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
Prep your pan:
Lay a large sheet of aluminum foil in your rimmed pan, wrapping the excess over the edges. It’s nice to have the entire pan covered in order to make clean up easy. I use a 12”x7” rimmed pan. The rim helps contain the bacon fat so it doesn’t spill in the oven. If you don’t have a rimmed pan, use a cookie baking pan and form the foil so it has folded up edges to catch any excess bacon fat.
Gather up your Ingredients:
4 Bacon slices, uncooked thin
20 Asparagus spears, cleaned and trimmed
Herbs or spices to your taste
Roast it on high heat:
- After trimming your asparagus, taking off the harder bottom ends of the stems, arrange them into 4 groups of 5 spears. - You can cut off the harder ends, but I like to snap them. When I snap them, they snap right at the spot where the harder part begins. That way I don’t leave any of the tough ends on the asparagus.
- Separate the 4 slices of bacon.
Wrap one slice of bacon around one group of 5 spears of asparagus, starting at the top and wrapping it around the spears until you get to the bottom of the spears. - Repeat with the other 3 groups of asparagus spears.
- An easy to wrap the asparagus into the bacon is to lay the bacon down on a clean, flat surface. Lay the group of 5 asparagus spears at an angle to the bacon with the tops of the asparagus at one end of the bacon. Beginning with the top of the spears, begin rolling the spears onto the bacon, rolling all up at once. Then you have every wrapped up tightly.
No need to secure with a toothpick.
- Lay each group into the prepared foil-lined pan.
- Set the pan in the preheated oven and roast them for 20 minutes.
- Turn each group of bacon wrapped spears over and set the timer for another 10 minutes.
- Check the asparagus to see if it’s done and to see if the bacon is done to your liking.
- I usually roast the groups of bacon wrapped asparagus spears for 20 minutes on one side and 20 minutes on the other side. Your times may vary depending on your oven heat and how well done you like your bacon.
- Top your asparagus with some ranch dressing or another dressing you especially like. We like ours Bacon Asparagus Wraps, sans dressing. Serve alongside a nice steak, pork chop or baked chicken with hash browns or a baked potato and you have the makings of a delicious meal!
Or, turn this side dish into a full meal by doubling the ingredients and making TWO Bacon Asparagus Wraps for each person. Serve with a side of a stuffed baked potato for a delicious meal. Try it in a pan on the grill for a barbecued flavor.
Combine this delicious side dish with a main meat dish or turn it into a full meal with a side, alongside a best friend or companion, and “Bake your own Memories!”